You are currently browsing the archives for the Pet Events category.
Archive for the 'Pet Events' Category
For our participation in the Super Dog Sunday event, we were entered into a prize drawing. We didn’t even know our participation meant a possible prize so when Maya & Pierson won, it was a super surprise! For in case you weren’t aware, the Super Dog Sunday helped to benefit the Petfinder Foundation. While the twitter party is over, Super Dog Sunday continues with more possible prizes. Keep an eye out on this blog or our American Dog Blog for a giveaway of a Kumfy Koats. In the meantime, check out the pictures of Maya & Pierson with their prizes:
This is what they won – two dog books, two toys, a paw-wipe towel, Toby & Max jewelry, a lickety stik dog treat, and a natural remedy for dog aggression (I can’t wait to try it on Pierson when he goes out and sees other dogs).
Dog Tested. Dog Approved.™
You’ve seen those funny and cute Subaru dog commercials, haven’t you? You know, the dogs driving a subaru to go camping and skiing, or driving a Subaru to the grocery store only to have a cat driving another Subaru steal their parking spot (that’s my favorite). Well, Subaru has more great commercials for you. And this year, they are associated with the Puppy Bowl IX.
There are four new commercials that we are aware of. And this year, it’s not just about the dogs. Grant Weber, is a human Subaru Canine Sales Associate who specializes in selling the Subaru to dogs. He makes an appearance in a most of the commercials but our favorite is the one with the dogs Toby and Keys getting ready for a tailgate party:
We just love this Subaru commercial:
If you have never seen the Puppy Bowl before, it is a MUST SEE for dog lovers. Imagine a bunch of cute adoptable puppies on a mini football field romping around and having a good time. You can watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet on February 3rd, 3pm p/e time.
Want to make watching the Puppy Bowl an even better experience? Download this app on your tablet or mobile phone: http://blogp.ws/Wxa8ia
The app can be downloaded now but won’t activate until the start of the Puppy Bowl. Watch the Puppy Bowl in unison with your app, see additional cuteness content, and interact with the show! The app also brings in new hilarious Subaru Dog tested. Dog approved.™ commercials.
Remember, you can download the app now but it only becomes available at 3pm e/p on February 3rd. If you miss that airing, Animal Planet replays the show throughout the rest of the day.
This post is sponsored by Subaru, Dog Tested. Dog Approved™ campaign. Yes, we here at PetAutoSafetyBlog.com are being compensated for this post. But please note that we agreed with this arrangement because we love that Subaru goes out of their way to be dog friendly, because we love their hilarious dog commercials, because we love the adoptable dogs in the Puppy Bowl, and because we love the message of the Puppy Bowl. I personally, can’t wait to use this app myself on February 3rd!
New Year’s Resolution – Protect your four-legged family member in the car with a dog seat belt. Enter to win a Kurgo Tru-Fit dog car harness or a Bergan dog car harness for your dog by entering the Rafflecopter entries below. Comment, like, and follow your way to a safer pet. Open to US entrants only. The contest ends on Sunday, January 20th at 11:59pm. One winner will be chosen at random on the 21st and announced between the 21st and 23rd. The winner can select from the available sizes of either a Kurgo Tru-Fit brand or Bergan brand dog seat belt.
The Kurgo Tru-Fit brand uses a loop system tether. The seat belt of your car goes through the loop on the harness in order to secure your pet in the car. The loop system keeps your dog more secure. It doesn’t allow for your dog to move around much so if your dog will try to move around while wearing the Kurgo brand, he may get tangled in the loop system. This brand is best for dogs that simply like to sit or lay down in the car. The Kurgo harness is slightly padded. Red is shown above with our dog Maya but we only have black available at this time for this contest. BTW, Maya has to use a Bergan tether with her Kurgo harness because she does like to move around a lot in the car.
The padded chest piece of the Bergan brand is a little longer than that of the Kurgo brand. The tether of the Bergan brand attaches directly to the seat belt webbing of your car. This allows your dog to move around more. The shorter you keep the tether (which is adjustable in length) the safer your dog. But if your dog likes to move around a lot despite the harness, the Bergan tether may be better for them than the Kurgo loop tether.
Both the Kurgo and the Bergan have been safety tested for strength. Feel free to check out their pages for more information on each brand – Kurgo and Bergan. If you are not a winner but would like to purchase a dog seat belt, feel free to use discount code petfriend for 10% off.
Thanks for entering!
Designed to fit on a small couch, this plush cover can also be used in the back of your SUV. It can also be used in the back seat of your car, however, it does not have straps to secure it to the seat. If used in the back seat of the car, it would work more like a blanket.
To enter to win this month’s contest is simple. Enter the Rafflecopter options below. Like us, follow us, comment, or all of the above! The more you do, the greater your chances of winning.
There will only be one winner as we just have one of these left. The contest ends November 30th and the winner will be chosen at random on December 1st. Please note that you must be a resident of the continental US to win. We will not be able to ship this item outside the continental US.
Good luck on this Pet Auto Safety giveaway!
When we started this pet travel photo contest, our intent was to select one photo winner. But there were so many great photos of pets on vacation that we couldn’t pick just one. So we picked three! All three of our winners received $25.
The first winner is Trina and her dog Maggie. While this photo was taken across the ocean in Tuscany. Maggie is currently in New York with a trip planned across the seas again in the spring. Here is what Maggie had to say about her photo:
“This was my favorite vacation. We drove from Geneva Switzerland to our vacation villa in Tuscany. It was absolutely dog bliss! I already know what you’re thinking, and yes I did have my harness seatbelt on for the road trip. The owner had two dogs, and was really happy to see me. She let me roam the grounds, swim in the pool, sniff out her house and even sneaked me a treat or two.
Here I am in from of the villa after a day walking through the lavender fields.
We are lucky dogs, that we get to travel.
Wag The Dog UK
The second winner is Dirk and his three dogs. Mickey and Marley are in the winning photo on a boat. Dirk’s other dog is a Staffordshire Terrier named Mandy. We are sharing her picture too. We love the Petz On Board sign that Dirk has in his vehicle and bought one for ourselves.
Dirk has a holiday house along the river where his dogs love to swim and be on the boat with their ears flapping in the wind. Dirk says, “This was taken about a year ago. My two female dogs (the snowfox (marley), and the staffy (mandy) was adopted from our local animal welfare and at first they were very scared of the water and the boat, but slowly but surely they built confidence and today they own the boat and the water. The daschund has been babied by my girlfriend since he was a pup and thinks he is a german shepard and the pack leader! The staffy (mandy) likes to sit on the back seat putting out the vibe watching the birds flying over her head.”
The third winner is Cynthia and her dog Jack. Jack is a yellow Labrador and white Shepherd cross. He’s as light colored as our Maya. Here is what Cynthia has to say about her photo of Jack:
“This photo is of my dog, Jack, in my significant other’s parents’ backyard in GORGEOUS Miami, FL. We went on vacation there in January of this year. It was a long drive but Jack was a good boy both on the way there and on the way back. He loves to go bye-bye and this was his biggest bye-bye ever! In Miami, he especially enjoyed chasing little lizards and baby iguanas. Up here in Northern Indiana, the only thing he can chase is squirrels, so this was a treat! He also went swimming in the Ocean for the first time. My SO’s parents treated him like he was their own, and he sucked up all of the attention. They even let him lay on their “guest” couch, which even the resident dog isn’t allowed on! Jack also got to taste authentic Cuban food with me, but only a little bit. All in all, it was the. best. vacation. ever!”
Thanks, Cynthia! Get back in touch with us for your prize. I’m sure Jack would love for you to buy him some biscuits and toys.
Thank you to all who entered! On Wednesday, November 7th, we will begin another contest. The prize for the next contest is for the seat/couch cover below. This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer so this is the only one left. The winner for the very last one ever will be chosen at random on November 30th. Come visit us again on Wednesday for the contest details.
Pet Auto Safety had a fantastic time this Sunday at the Dogtoberfest in Lawrence, Kansas. The event was huge and there were lots of activities. I tried to get as many photos as I could of the different events, but I was stuck at my own booth most of the time. So I asked Jim Sovanski with Sovanski Photography, who also had a booth at the event, to share some of his photos. As you can tell, his photos came out much better than mine.
For more Wordless Wednesday photos, join the blog hop below!
Win a $25 Gift Card On Our First Monthly Photo Contest From PetAutoSafety.com
Have you traveled somewhere fun with your pet? Share a photo with PetAutoSafety.com and enter to win a $25 Visa gift card!
There are three simple steps to win:
1. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/petautotravelsafety.
2. Follow us on Twitter @naturebydawn.
3. Email a photo of your pet on vacation at email@example.com. Put “October Pet Photo Contest” in the RE section, attach 1 .jpeg image, and tell us about your vacation.
The contest entry below asks you to tweet about us and leave a blog comment but these two items are not required and do not increase your chances of winning. To win, you must complete the three above steps (exception may be made for those not on Twitter). The winner will be judged by us based on the quality of your image, the aesthetics of the photo, how apparent it is that your dog is at a vacation spot and not at home or near home, and how happy and/or cute your dog looks in the photo. We will allow our definition of vacation to be as simple as a one-day trip such as a hiking expedition or day at the beach.
1. Sorry, US entrants or people with an AE address only. We are not able to mail your gift card outside the US (unless it is an AE address) and if you opt for a $25 discount from our site instead we are not able to ship outside the continental US (unless it is an AE address).
2. One entry per person, even if you have multiple pets. If you don’t win this time, you can enter our next month’s giveaway even if it is the same photo, but the same photo cannot win more than once in a 12 month period.
3. You must like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Please don’t unlike us after the contest. We will have more contests and giveaways, will give discount codes and sales, and share fun and interesting stuff.
4. Contest entry must be received by October 31st, 2012. Winner will be determined November 1st or 2nd (depending on the number of entries) and announced on this blog on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012.
5. Your Like on Facebook and Follow on Twitter must be current at the end of the contest, October 31st, 2012.
6. Since the prize is a gift card, it can be used anywhere that accepts gift cards. Our PetAutoSafety.com website accepts gift cards, however, if the item you are purchasing is over $25 the gift card won’t work since you can’t make partial payments on a website. If you are a winner and wish to have $25 off an item from PetAutoSafety.com, please let us know so we can send you a discount code instead. The discount code will only be able to be used once and will only be usable for a limited time.
7. The photo must include your pet and should include indications that you are somewhere other than at home or at the local park.
8. Employees of PetAutoSafety.com and Nature by Dawn, Inc. are not eligible.
Terms & Conditions:
1. We will not share your personal information or email address.
2. We will not send spam email or email you for any other reason other than that related to your contest entry.
3. By emailing us your photo, you agree to let us use the photo on our social media sites and for promotional purposes.
4. You understand and accept that the contest is judged subjectively and our winner decision is final.
5. We promise not to judge with favoritism so if you are a regular commenter on our blogs or have purchased from us in the past, don’t mention it in your contest entry because it won’t help.
6. Although we encourage that you travel safe with your dog, it is not required that your photo show your dog traveling safe in order for you to win. Whether you use a pet travel safety device for your dog when he rides in the car is not the subject of this particular contest and so will not increase your chances of winning. We do appreciate that you travel safely with your pet, though! Perhaps this will be the subject of a future contest.
7. By entering the contest, you agree to all the rules and terms & conditions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Young’s Pool in Overland Park, Kansas had a day for dogs on August 18th. Maya went last year and loved it so I thought I would take her again. (Pierson didn’t get to go because he doesn’t get along well with other dogs.)
Some public pools have a day for dogs at the end of the season just before the drain the pool. Check with the parks & recreation in your neighborhood to see if there are any such events in your area. Remember, wherever you go, travel safe.
For more pet photos, check out the Wordless Wednesday blog hop below.
At the Pawsh Wash then U-Wash-Puppy for Suds of Fun
The dogs don’t like bath time any more than I do. But when they get stinky, too bad. Rather than give them a bath at home and clog my drains, I take my dogs to a self-wash-your-dog place. The one in Lawrence, KS is Pawsh Wash. Here is Maya making the best of it.
When I lived in Overland Park, KS, I took Sephi and Maya to U-Wash-Puppy. So when I found out U-Wash-Puppy was going to have an event called Suds of Fun to benefit the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City, I signed up to have a booth to sell some of my dog car harnesses from http://www.PetAutoSafety.com. The event was held this Sunday. I was going to take Pierson to get his bath but it was over 100 degrees that day. So I just took pictures of other people washing their dogs.
For other great photos from the Wordless Wednesday blog hop, check these out: